VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT - FOR FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST (Deadline extension)
BACKGROUND OF PROJECT
The Government of Mongolia is implementing the Ensuring inclusiveness and service delivery for persons with disabilities project (Project) financed by the Asian Development Bank (ADB). The project aims to ensure the inclusiveness of persons with disabilities, improve service at Ulaanbaatar city and province level, increase employment opportunities for persons with disabilities, and assure their independence and economic contribution. The Executing Agency is the Ministry of Labor and Social Protection (MLSP). For detailed information about the project, please access to the link https://www.adb.org/sites/default/files/project-documents/48076/48076-002-rrp-en.pdf
This is a full-time position in the Project Implementation Unit based in Ulaanbaatar. The MLSP is now seeking to recruit a qualified candidate for the position of the Financial Specialist, who can effectively and efficiently manage the project accounting and financial recording in compliance with ADB and Government of Mongolia’s regulations and guideline on the accounting, financial management and auditing.
The objective of this position is to be responsible for accounting and financial management of the project to fully comply with the Loan/Grant Agreements signed between ADB and Government of Mongolia, ADB Loan Disbursement Handbook, and the Regulation No. 4 regarding the utilization of proceeds of the government foreign loans, implementation, administration, financing, monitoring and evaluation of projects and programs funded by such proceeds, which was approved by the Ministry of Finance in January 2021. The Financial Specialist will work under the direct guidance of the Project Coordinator. The Financial Specialist will report to the Project Coordinator. The contract extension is subject to satisfactory performance.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Handle the accounting and financial reporting of the project in accordance with the applicable government guidelines and regulations
- Handle the day-to-day payment transactions in accordance with the payment milestones of the awarded contracts
- Prepare the financial statements, reconciliation statements, ledgers and journals as required
- Maintain project advance account and sub-accounts
- Use the accounting software for recording the project expenditures on daily basis
- Prepare and submit the quarterly and annual budget for the project activities and get them approved on timely basis
- Monitor the project expenditures against the approved budget plan
- Maintain the filing system for the project financial documents
- Prepare the financial statements and other necessary statements for the annual audit and submit the audited project financial statements to ADB within deadline
- Prepare the financial statements for the government audit in compliance with the local regulations and procedures within the deadline set by the National Audit Office
- Prepare the withdrawal applications for replenishment and direct payments in accordance with the ADB Loan Disbursement Handbook and submit the draft ones to ADB for review and issuance of the PCSS
- Prepare and submit the report on the project expenditures to the glass account as mandated by the government regulations
- Prepare and submit the project financial reports as required by the Ministry of Finance
- Handle the taxes and duties imposed on the project activities in accordance with the loan/grant agreements.
- Provide inputs on the disbursement and financial management aspects to the project quarterly, semi-annual and annual progress reports
- Perform ad-hoc duties as requested by the Project Coordinator
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION CRITERIA
Bachelor’s degree or above in accounting, banking and finance, and financial management;
CPA certificate holder will be an advantage.
Work Experience & Skills
At least 6 years of work experience in finance, accounting or audit;
Ability to understand the project financial management, financing, and contract management;
Strong experience and solid knowledge in the preparation of all types of financial statements and reports;
Ability to plan and prioritize work duties and work competently under pressure and tight deadlines;
Financial management working experience with ADB and other international/donor organizations would be advantage;
Capable on developing documents independently.
Excellent command of both written and spoken English and Mongolian is required.
Excellent computer literacy, particularly MS Office, spreadsheets power point including accounting software, web research and navigation skills
Other Skills :
High standards of interpersonal, communication and participatory skills with the ability to function effectively and collaboratively in a team environment;
Ability to collaborate effectively with the relevant stakeholders and implementing agencies.
Ability to function independently and collaboratively in a team environment
Organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments
If you meet the required qualifications of the advertised position, please, submit (i) civil servant’s application, (ii) curriculum vitae in English and Mongolian, (iii) copies of diploma(s) and certificate(s) with English translation, and (iv) reference letter(s) from past employer(s) (English and Mongolian) in a sealed envelope by 5 PM of 03 January 2022 to the below address. Incomplete applications will be excluded from further evaluation. Only short-listed candidates will be invited to the joint interview. Submitted documents will not be returned to the applicant.
Address: Project Implementation Unit
Government Building II, United Nation’s Street V
Khoroo 4, Chingeltei District