ADB Loan no.: 3243-MON (SF)
Project Title: Skills for Employment Project
The Government of Mongolia has received a Loan from the Special Funds resources of Asian Development Bank (ADB) to finance Skills for Employment Project, including this Contract.
Ministry of Labor, Social Protection now invites eligible individual national consultants to indicate their interest in following Consultancy Services: CS17 - Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
Detailed Terms of Reference, minimum qualification criteria, and other details surrounding this assignment can be found here below.
Consultant shall be selected according to “Guidelines on the Use of Consultants by Asian Development Bank and its Borrowers” which is provided on the ADB website www.adb.org.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested eligible individual national consultants must provide in a written form in the English Language (i) cover letter containing information on your ability how you best suit for the Services, (ii) Curriculum Vitae, (iii) copies of reference letter(s) from previous employers, (iv) copies of diplomas or certificates via Consultant Management System of ADB on http://cms.adb.org online before the deadline specified in the ADB CMS, i.e. 12 November 2020 (CMS selection number 164627).
S.Munkh-Ochir, Procurement Specialist, Project Implementation Unit, Skills for Employment Project
Address: Suite 602, the Landmark office, Chinggis Avenue-13, 1st khoroo, Sukhbaatar district, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia, Tel/fax: 976-7000 2055, website: www.sfep.mn
1. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS
The M&E specialist will have a graduate degree in public policy, social sciences and other relevant disciplines and at least 7 years of experience in conducting M&E under projects funded by international financial institutions, preferably, Asian Development Bank (ADB). Good command of the English language is required.
2. EXPECTED COMMENCEMENT OF THE SERVICES AT THE FIELD
The services are expected to commence in December 2020 and complete on 20 May 2021. This is intermittent, part time assignment.
3. SCOPE OF SERVICES AND TERMS OF REFERENCE
The specialist will work with the Project Implementation Unit (PIU), the Ministry of Labor and Social Protection (MLSP), Ministry of Education and Science (MES) to conduct M&E of project activities and assist the PIU, the MLSP and the MES in preparing a project completion report for Skills for Employment Project implemented by MLSP and MES since 2015. The Project is expected to be complete by mid-2021. More detailed information about the Project are included in the Project Administration Manual that can be found at https://www.adb.org/projects/documents/mon-45010-002-pam. Specifically, the specialist will:
- Review the project documents, quarterly and annual progress reports, consultants and contractors’ reports and other relevant documents to get the whole picture of project activities since the beginning.
- Monitor project activities in accordance with the project implementation schedule and the annual action plan and prepare quarterly and annual physical progress reports in collaboration with other PIU staff and consultants to be included in the project quarterly (Q4 2020, Q1 2021) and annual progress reports (2020 full year) (Deliverables 1-2).
- Prepare methodology and tools to collect data and information to conduct M&E of project activities in view of preparing a project completion report (Deliverable 3).
- Draft a project completion report on behalf of the MLSP and the MES which includes (a) evaluation of performance in terms of achievements of the project’s performance targets, (b) performance of contractors and consultants funded under the project, (c) analysis of problems encountered during project implementation, (d) preliminary assessment of the sustainability of project activities, (e) lessons learned, and (f) recommendations for the MLSP, the MES and ADB (Deliverable 4).
- Undertake evaluation of specific project activities at the request of the MLSP, the MES, and ADB.
4. CLIENT’S INPUT AND COUNTERPART PERSONNEL
(a) Services, facilities and property to be made available to the Consultant by the Client: table, chair, access to printer, copier, internet at PIU office.
(b) Professional and support counterpart personnel to be assigned by the Client to the Consultant: Not applicable.
(c) Client will provide the following inputs, project data and reports to facilitate preparation of the reports: All the data available with Government and senior secondary schools.