PIU INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST
With a worsening coronavirus disease (COVID-19) situation unfolding in the fourth quarter of 2020, the Government of Mongolia has requested urgent additional support for social protection measures to mitigate the socioeconomic impacts of the pandemic on poor and vulnerable groups. The proposed project will (i) apply shock-responsive social protection principles to continue support for pro-poor child grant top-ups on a temporary basis through an established national social assistance program, and (ii) strengthen social welfare programs and systems for improved household resilience and government response to future crises.
The Executing Agency of the project, Ministry of Labor and Social Protection invites qualified candidates to fill the position of PIU Information Technology Specialist.
The PIU Information Technology Specialist will report to the Project Coordinator. The Specialist will ensure smooth planning, coordination, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of piloting of digitization of social protection payments program and coordination and monitoring of the database development in the targeting of social protection payments program.
Under the project coordinator’s supervision, the Information Technology Specialist’s main responsibilities include the following:
1. review and finalize terms of reference, scope of work, and technical specification of individual ICT consultants on the project;
2. prepare tender documents for ICT consultants in closely coordinate with PIU and MLSP;
3. support the PIU and MLSP on evaluation and recruitment of ICT consultants in accordance with the agreed procedures of ADB and government;
4. in conjunction with the PIU procurement specialist, review and finalize terms of reference and technical specifications for purchase of database software for the digitization of social protection payments program
5. coordinate and monitor the performance of the individual ICT consultants on the project;
6. ensure smooth planning, coordination, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of piloting of digitization of social protection payments program
7. coordinate and monitor the database development in the targeting of social protection payments program
8. prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports on ICT areas as required;
9. provide support for the project review missions of ADB including progress updates on implementation of ICT measures;
10. support the Project Coordinator in preparing and monitoring the project performance management system (PPMS).
The applicant must have a university degree in information technology or related field. Minimum 5 years of relevant experience working on ICT management; In depth knowledge of the hardware and software programming. Experience working for projects financed by ADB and other international development agencies. Solid understanding of project implementation policies and procedures adhered by government and ADB as an advantage. Experience working in the sector of labor and social protection as an advantage. Excellent communications, interpersonal and teamwork skills. Strong oral and written Mongolian and English proficiency.
If you meet the requirements of the advertised position, please, submit your curriculum vitae in English and Mongolian, copies of diploma(s) and certificate(s) with English translation and reference letter(s) from past employer(s) (English and Mongolian) in a sealed envelope by 5 PM of 02 August 2021 to the below address. Incomplete applications will be excluded from further consideration. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Submitted documents will not be returned to the applicant.
Submission address: Project Implementation Unit Office
State Owned Building XI, Room 403
Sukhbaatar District, 8th khoroo, Baga Toiruu 44a,