VACANCY NOTICE FOR PROJECT SUB-COORDINATORS IN DORNOD, KHOVD, DARKHAN-UUL, KHUVSGUL, ARKHANGAI, AND DUNDGOVI AIMAGS (Deadline extension)
The Government of Mongolia is implementing the "Ensuring inclusiveness and service delivery for persons with disabilities project" (Project) financed by the Asian Development Bank (ADB). The aim of the project is to ensure access to employment for a person with disabilities (PWDs) by increasing access to services and livelihoods and self-reliance of PWD.
Key project stakeholders are the project Executing Agency (EA), the Ministry of Labor and Social Protection (MLSP); the Implementing Agencies (IAs), including the EA´s Population Development Department of MLSP, and the Ministry of Health (MOH) on early identification of CWD; the local authorities and the disabled people's organizations (DPOs).
Under output 2 of the project, the Development Centers for PWDs will be constructed at project sites of Dornod, Khovd, Darkhan-Uul, Khuvsgul, Arkhangai, and Dundgovi aimags. It has one to two-story with basement floor and the building is 1950 m2, and the design of centers reflects the universal design principles and local building codes, regulations, and standards, and environmentally friendly and energy-efficient.
Now, the MLSP wishes to recruit a qualified project sub-coordinator for each aimag to manage and monitor the implementation of the project activities in Dornod, Khovd, Darkhan-Uul, Khuvsgul, Arkhangai, and Dundgovi aimags.
2. Scope of Services
The project sub-coordinator
is a full-time position in the project implementation unit and will be
responsible for the overall management and monitoring of the implementation of
the project at the aimag level under the supervision of the Project
Coordinator. The sub-coordinator will closely work with the project coordinator,
civil engineer and the disability specialists at PIU.
3. Detailed Tasks and Responsibilities
The project sub coordinator’s responsibilities include the following tasks:
Part A: Core tasks related to Development Center administration
- Prepare annual work plan for approval of the Project steering committee;
- Coordinate and monitor the implementation of project activities at the aimag level including consultancy services, assessments, and data collection, training activities, and construction work
- Ensure overall coordination among consultants for activities delivered at aimag level (firms and individual) as per TOR;
- Provide administrative support to the planned training and capacity building;
- Support the Project coordinator in monitoring the project activities progress at the aimag levels;
- Prepare quarterly and annual reports to the aimag authorities and Project Coordinator in line with the project in a format consistent with ADB's project performance management system;
- Support the PIU in preparing the progress reports, implementation of covenants and Gender action plan and participation plan for the project;
- Ensure of all project documents are undertake on the PIU website;
- Prepare and submit a monthly progress report detailing the achievements and impediments in executing the assignment effectively. All reports should be prepared in Mongolian and English languages. The MLSP, aimag authority, and PIU Project Coordinator shall evaluate the project sub-coordinator performance on an output basis approve the invoices for the delivered outputs;
- Provide support to the MLSP and PIU in undertaking consultations and building a consensus with key stakeholders.
- Other relevant tasks as assigned by the Project Coordinator.
- Liaise with local authorities with project stakeholders including MLSP, PIU, and DPOs to ensure smooth implementation of the project at aimag level;
- Prepare periodic progress reports as required including achievements at end of the reporting period and the future work to be carried out by contractors
Part B: Tasks related to Construction
- Communicate and liaise effectively with the MLSP, PIU, local authorities, other engineering disciplines, consultants on construction supervision, and civil work contractors;
- Ensure that construction-related activities at the project site are under ADB guidelines and government procedures.
- Ensure that the work carried out by the contractors and other related activities are as per the respective safety regulations.
- Conduct day-to-day checks of the work done by the construction contractor.
- Ensure the highest quality of performance standards and construction work is delivered and completed without any defect and delay.
- In close consultation with a civil engineer at PIU, study the problem and inform the MLSP and PIU and resolve it most efficiently as possible.
- Together with the civil engineer at PIU, MLSP, and local authorities, provide appropriate support to the construction contractor.
- Together with environment consultant and involvement of relevant government agencies assist the inspections to confirm regularity and safety of the building.
- With the support of the EMP specialist, provide progress reports on site-EMPs implementation progress and issues;
of Services and Location
The project sub coordinator's assignment is expected to commence in June 2021 in each aimag. The initial duration of the contract is 12 person-months (each). The project sub-coordinator will be located in the respective aimag. The aimag authority will provide the office space and gadgets for the project sub-coordinator.
5. Qualification Requirements for the Project Sub-Coordinator
6. Application Process
If you meet the qualification requirements of the advertised position, please, submit (i) civil servant’s application, (ii) curriculum vitae in English and Mongolian (ADB format), (iii) copies of diploma(s) and certificate(s) with English translation, and (iv) a reference letter(s) from past employer(s) (English and Mongolian) in a sealed envelope by 17:00 PM of 11 June 2021 to the below address or e-mail address below. Incomplete applications will be excluded from further consideration. Only short-listed candidates will be jointly interviewed by the MLSP and ADB. Submitted documents will not be returned to the applicant.
Address: Project Implementation Unit Office Ministry of Labor and Social Protection, Government Building 2 Chingeltei District, 4th khoroo, United Nation’s Street -5 Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia Phone: +976-77335577 E-mail: email@example.com
MINISTRY OF LABOUR AND SOCIAL PROTECTION
 See details on https://www.adb.org/sites/default/files/project-documents/48076/48076-002-rrp-en.pdf
 The seven principles of universal design include (i) equitable use, (ii) flexibility in use, (iii) simple and intuitive use, (iv) perceptible information, (v) tolerance for error, (vi) low physical effort, and (vii) size and space for approach and use.
Construction Monitoring will be carried out by the C1 consultants, and EMPlans will be monitored by the Environmental consultants and the Sub-coordinators will be responsible for the Final Submission of the construction documents delivered by the consultants.