VACANCY NOTICE - PIU PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST(6 person-months)
With a worsening coronavirus disease (COVID-19) situation unfolding in the fourth quarter of 2020, the Government of Mongolia has requested urgent additional support for social protection measures to mitigate the socioeconomic impacts of the pandemic on poor and vulnerable groups. The proposed project will (i) apply shock-responsive social protection principles to continue support for pro-poor child grant top-ups on a temporary basis through an established national social assistance program, and (ii) strengthen social welfare programs and systems for improved household resilience and government response to future crises.
The Executing Agency of the project, Ministry of Labor and Social Protection invites qualified candidates to fill the position of PIU Procurement Specialist.
Under the supervision of the project coordinator, the procurement specialist’s responsibilities include:
- ensure that the procurement under the project is conducted in accordance with ADB guidelines and the project procurement plan approved by ADB and the government, and its updates;
- coordinate with other specialists and local advisors of the PIU;
- regularly update the procurement plan as required under ADB guidelines and seek approval from the MLSP;
- provide assistance to the MLSP and the evaluation and recruitment committees in organizing procurement and recruitment of consultants to accelerate processes;
- coordinate with the MLSP and ADB in preparing advertisements, short listing, bidding documents, evaluation, letters of awards, draft contracts, etc., in the procurement of goods, works, and services including consultancies;
- liaise with ADB staff as required and submit the items to ADB requiring prior review and documents needing ADB approval;
- make necessary arrangement for contract signatures in consultation with the MLSP;
- keep progress of procurement and consultant recruitment activities against procurement timetables, highlight variations in progress, record reasons, and identify remedial actions, if any;
- assist in selection of small-scale 25 competitive grants for shelters, one-stop service centers, and MDTs nationwide; and
- prepare periodic progress report on status of procurement and consultant recruitment as required by the project manager.
The procurement specialist should have a minimum of 5 years of professional experience in international and national bidding procedures, procurement procedure, especially preparation of expression of interest, notice inviting tender, TOR, request for proposal, and bidding document for procurement of consultant services, goods, and works. Preference will be given for experience in handling ADB procurement procedure. Fluency in English is required.
If you meet the requirements of the advertised position, please, submit your curriculum vitae in English and Mongolian, copies of diploma(s) and certificate(s) with English translation and reference letter(s) from past employer(s) (English and Mongolian) in a sealed envelope by 5 PM of 25 March 2022 to the below address. Incomplete applications will be excluded from further consideration. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Submitted documents will not be returned to the applicant.
Project Implementation Unit Office
State Owned Building XI, Room 403
Sukhbaatar District, 8th khoroo, Baga Toiruu 44a,
Phone: +976- 70002140