With a worsening coronavirus disease (COVID-19) situation unfolding in the fourth quarter of 2020, the Government of Mongolia has requested urgent additional support for social protection measures to mitigate the socioeconomic impacts of the pandemic on poor and vulnerable groups. The proposed project will (i) apply shock-responsive social protection principles to continue support for pro-poor child grant top-ups on a temporary basis through an established national social assistance program, and (ii) strengthen social welfare programs and systems for improved household resilience and government response to future crises.
The Executing Agency of the project, Ministry of Labor and Social Protection invites qualified candidates to fill the position of PIU Translator/Secretary.
The Translator/Secretary will be a full-time staff of the Project Implementation Unit (PIU) stationed in Ulaanbaatar, and report to the Project Coordinator. The Translator/Secretary will provide secretarial and translation support to ensure the smooth project implementation; and handle basic office tasks to ensure the smooth workflow of PIU daily works.
Under the project coordinator’s supervision, the Translator/Secretary’s main responsibilities include the following:
1. Provide interpretation and translation of documents from English to Mongolian and Mongolian to English as required;
2. Provide administrative support for the PIU and consultants recruited under the project;
3. Carry out basic office tasks to ensure smooth workflow, such as coordinating and scheduling meetings, providing interpretation/translation services for meetings, arranging travels, printing and photocopying, organizing and filing documents and records, preparing meeting minutes and memos, handling routine correspondences and e-mails, editing reports and documents, etc.;
4. Manage petty cash for PIU operations;
5. Purchase and distribute office supplies to the other PIU staff and monitor proper maintenance of office furniture and equipment;
6. Assist the Procurement Specialist in advertising invitations for bids and consulting service requirements in newspapers, government and other professional websites, and ADB system, and preparing small service contracts;
7. Assist the Finance Officer in processing payments and maintaining records;
8. Assist the other PIU staff and consultants in organizing meetings, training and workshops including preparing documents and materials, arranging venues, and facilitating communication and coordination;
9. Assist the other PIU staff in preparing documents and getting signatures and approvals from MLSP, MOF, and other relevant government agencies; and
10. Assume other tasks as assigned by the Project Coordinator.
The Translator/ Secretary will be an experienced administration officer, with at least 3 years of working experience in English translation field and in providing administrative services to international donor projects. Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Proficiency with Microsoft Office (MS Word, MS Excel and MS Power Point) and web skills are required. Fluency in English is required.
If you meet the requirements of the advertised position, please, submit your curriculum vitae in English and Mongolian, copies of diploma(s) and certificate(s) with English translation and reference letter(s) from past employer(s) (English and Mongolian) in a sealed envelope by 5 PM of 02 August 2021 to the below address. Incomplete applications will be excluded from further consideration. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Submitted documents will not be returned to the applicant.
Submission address: Project Implementation Unit Office
State Owned Building XI, Room 403
Sukhbaatar District, 8th khoroo, Baga Toiruu 44a,