VACANCY NOTICE - Disability specialist – multidisciplinary service delivery, early intervention, social welfare reform and ICF
Project Number. 48076-002
Project Title. Ensuring Inclusiveness and Service Delivery for Persons with Disabilities Project
The Government of Mongolia is implementing the "Ensuring inclusiveness and service delivery for persons with disabilities project" (Project) with Loan No.3605 from the Asian Development Bank (ADB). The Project aims to support the employment of persons with disabilities (PWD) by increasing access to services and livelihoods and self-reliance of PWD in Ulaanbaatar and the provinces (aimags) and thereby increasing their contribution to the economy and society.
The project has following components to meet the needs of children with disabilities and persons with disabilities. Component 1: Early identification of children with disabilities strengthened and institutionalized. Component 2: Service delivery for persons with disabilities improved. Component 3: Access to the physical environment improved. Component 4: Work and employment for persons with disabilities improved. Component 5: Strategic development to support with disabilities implemented.
The following applicant will be selected for the Project Implementation Unit.
Expertise: Disability specialist – multidisciplinary service delivery, early intervention, social welfare reform and ICF
Scope of Works:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the implementation of project output 1 related to early identification of children with disabilities (CWD) and early intervention system including ASQ and BSID-III;
- Coordinate the implementation of project output 2 related to the service delivery for persons with disabilities (PWD);
- Coordinate the implementation of project output 5 related to reform the welfare system for (PWDs); and introduce and institutionalization of the International Classification of Function (ICF);
Scope of Work:
- With the PIU procurement specialist, support MLSP and Ministry of Health (MOH) to recruit a consultancy firm on early identification and intervention and strengthened service delivery for CWD and PWD;
- Liaise on with government and non-government agencies and organizations at all levels to ensure smooth implementation of the project;
- With the PIU procurement specialist, support MOH to specify the conditions/criteria to award the consultancy firm for introduction and institutionalization of ICF in Mongolia;
- With the PIU procurement specialist, support MLSP to specify the conditions/criteria to award the consultancy firm to reform the social welfare for PWD;
- With the PIU procurement specialist, support MLSP to recruit and contract a qualified Disabled People’s Organization (DPO) to provide an information hotline service;
- Supervise consulting firms and individual consultants ensuring their service delivery is targeting the outputs of the project;
- Oversee the development and implementation of the early identification and early intervention system including ASQ, BSID-III and Portage home visiting; Curriculum development and Service strengthening; and Social welfare reform for PWD and implementation of ICF; to be performed by consulting firms recruited under the project;
- Support MLSP and MOH and consulting firms to build capacities relevant to the output 1, output 2 and on social welfare reform and ICF of the output 5;
- Support and coordinate communication of stakeholders including MLSP, MOH, Universities, Colleges, DPOs, consulting firms, government implementing agencies and units, etc.;
- Support and coordinate consulting firm, ICF task force, MOH and MLSP to introduce and implement the ICF in Mongolia;
- Support and coordinate consulting firm and MOH to implement the early identification and early intervention system including ASQ, BSID-III;
- Support and coordinate consulting firm and MLSP to implement the Portage home visiting; Curriculum development and Service strengthening for PWD;
- Support consulting firm to review and improve the current laws and regulations of social welfares and community based social services for PWD;
- Support MLSP and MOH to review individual consultants’ and consulting firms’ progress reports and deliverables;
- Support Monitoring and Evaluation and Contract Management specialist to monitor the progress status of consulting firms and provide input to the PIU progress report;
- Provide translation and interpreting support as required;
Qualifications/selection criteria for the position:
Education: Master’s or higher degree in health, medicine, social work or the disability and social sciences;
Experience: At least ten years of working experience in design, development and implementation of projects/services for children and adults with disabilities; At least three years of experience in working or communicating with ministries and government agencies; Experience in conducting training and capacity building is preferable; disabled candidate would be advantages
Computer literacy: High level of computer literacy, including MS Office, AutoCAD, and other skills as well.
The detailed Terms of Reference and other related information for this ensuing assignment can be found at website http://csrn.adb.org and under this notice
HOW TO APPLY:
All interested eligible consultants should submit their Expression of Interest and CV in the English language via Consultant Management System of ADB on cms.adb.org online, or in 1 original hard copy before the deadline of 17:00 hours of 25 Dec 2020 to the address below.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours 9:00 to 17:00.
Ministry of Labour and Social Protection, Government Building 2, United Nations Street-5, Chingeltei district, 4th khoroo, Ulaanbaatar-15160, Mongolia,
Tel: 263018, 976-7733-5577