VACANCY NOTICE: PIU PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST
With a worsening coronavirus disease (COVID-19) situation unfolding in the fourth quarter of 2020, the Government of Mongolia has requested urgent additional support for social protection measures to mitigate the socioeconomic impacts of the pandemic on poor and vulnerable groups. The proposed project will (i) apply shock-responsive social protection principles to continue support for pro-poor child grant top-ups on a temporary basis through an established national social assistance program, and (ii) strengthen social welfare programs and systems for improved household resilience and government response to future crises.
The Executing Agency of the project, Ministry of Labor and Social Protection invites qualified candidates to fill the position of PIU Procurement Specialist with additional tasks of the project monitoring and evaluation.
Under the supervision of the Project Coordinator, the procurement specialist’s responsibilities include:
1. ensure that the procurement under the project is conducted in accordance with ADB guidelines and the project procurement plan approved by ADB and the government, and its updates;
2. coordinate with other specialists and local advisors of the PIU;
3. regularly update the procurement plan as required under ADB guidelines and seek approval from the MLSP;
4. provide assistance to the MLSP and the evaluation and recruitment committees in organizing procurement and recruitment of consultants to accelerate processes;
5. coordinate with the MLSP and ADB in preparing advertisements, short listing, bidding documents, evaluation, letters of awards, draft contracts, etc., in the procurement of goods, works, and services including consultancies;
6. liaise with ADB staff as required and submit the items to ADB requiring prior review and documents needing ADB approval;
7. make necessary arrangement for contract signatures in consultation with the MLSP;
8. keep progress of procurement and consultant recruitment activities against procurement timetables, highlight variations in progress, record reasons, and identify remedial actions, if any;
9. Monitor performance of activities under of the project operational and procurement plans and prepare monthly, quarterly progress reports in collaboration with other PIU staff;
10. Monitor and evaluate contract performance and reports of consultants and contractors and report to the Project Coordinator and Project Steering Committee on a regular basis;
11. Identify bottlenecks and problems that negatively affect smooth implementation of the project and propose remedial measures to PIU, MLSP and ADB;
12. Upon the completion of the project, assist and collaborate with PIU staffs on and provide inputs to preparation of Project Completion Report; and
The procurement specialist should have a minimum of 5 years of professional experience in international and national bidding procedures, procurement procedure, especially preparation of expression of interest, notice inviting tender, TOR, request for proposal, and bidding document for procurement of consultant services, goods, and works. Preference will be given for experience in handling ADB procurement procedure, and experience in project monitoring and evaluation field. Fluency in English is required.
If you meet the requirements of the advertised position, please, submit your curriculum vitae in English and Mongolian, copies of diploma(s) and certificate(s) with English translation and reference letter(s) from past employer(s) (English and Mongolian) in a sealed envelope by 4 PM of 15 August 2022 to the below address. Incomplete applications will be excluded from further consideration. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Submitted documents will not be returned to the applicant.
Submission address: Project Implementation Unit Office
L4052-MON: Second Shock-Responsive Social Protection
State Owned Building XI, Room 403
Sukhbaatar District, 8th khoroo, Baga Toiruu 44a,
Phone: +976- 70002140