VACANCY NOTICE – Disability specialist – employment, accessibility and awareness raising
Уншсан тоо: 88
Project Number. 48076-002
Project Title. Ensuring Inclusiveness and Service Delivery for Persons with Disabilities Project
The Ministry of Labor and Social Protection (MLSP) and Asian Development Bank (ADB) are implementing the project “Ensuring Inclusiveness and Service Delivery for Persons with Disabilities Project” (project) for 2018-2022.
The project aims to ensure the inclusiveness of persons with disabilities, improve service at Ulaanbaatar city and province level, increase employment opportunities for persons with disabilities, and assure their independence and economic contribution. The project has the following components to meet the needs of children with disabilities and persons with disabilities. Component 1: Early identification of children with disabilities strengthened and institutionalized. Component 2: Service delivery for persons with disabilities improved. Component 3: Access to the physical environment improved. Component 4: Work and employment for persons with disabilities improved. Component 5: Strategic development to support with disabilities implemented.
The following applicants will be selected for the Project Implementation Unit.
Position: Disability specialist – employment, accessibility and awareness raising
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Coordinate the implementation of project output 3, in particular, activities on improvement of access to the physical environment, excluding tasks, objectives related to the statistical and data analysis;
2. Coordinate the implementation of project output 4 related to the activities to support the objectives of employment for persons with disabilities (PWDs) improvement.
3. Coordinate the implementation of project output 5 related to increase public awareness and change attitudes towards PWDs; and conduct a strategic review of the national PWD support program; and Ensure the provision of accessibility and health insurance coverage to all PWDs.
Scope of Works:
- With the monitoring and contract specialist, support MLSP to coordinate a consultancy firm to provide strategic support for the inclusion of PWDs;
- Liaise onthe government and non-government agencies and organizations at all levels to ensure smooth implementation of the project;
- With the PIU procurement specialist, support MLSP to specify the conditions/criteria to procure the orthopedic manufacturing equipment and, policy development for the DPO Employment Resource Center;
- With the PIU Coordinator, support MLSP to specify the conditions/criteria to award the contractors to provide consulting and training on employment strategies and policies for PWDs;
- With the PIU procurement specialist, support MLSP to recruit and contract some qualified individual consultants on Employment strategies and policies for PWD consulting and training expert, and PWDs employment-policy and practice expert;
- Support PIU Coordinator to coordinate the communication of Media Steering Group at MLSP;
- Supervise consulting firms and individual consultants ensuring their service delivery is targeting the outputs of the project;
- Oversee the development and implementation of the enforcing the legal and regulatory framework on physical accessibility norms; and Wide inclusion of PWDs in enforcement mechanisms; and Access to the affordable quality orthopedic devices and assistive technology; and Models to increase the skills of PWDs to enter selected industries and general job matching and brokerage for PWDs; and Public campaign work towards the PWDs; to be performed by consulting firms recruited under the project;
- Support MLSP and consulting firms to build capacities relevant to the output 3, output 4 and on a strategic review of the national PWD support program, public awareness and change attitudes towards PWDs, ensure the provision of health insurance coverage of all PWDs of the output 5;
- Support and coordinate communication of stakeholders including MLSP, DPOs, Media steering group, policy makers, public employment offices, media leaders, consulting firms, government implementing agencies and units, etc.;
- Support PIU and MLSP to coordinate and conduct overseas study visit for officials from employment institutions and DPOs to demonstrate new practices and working methods in employment measures of PWDs;
- Support PIU and MLSP to coordinate study tour/s for government and DPO member of Council to improve awareness of international best practice for defining the list of assistive devices and equipment;
- Support consulting firm and MLSP to organize a conference on disability awareness and attitude change toward the PWDs;
- Support MLSP to review individual consultants’ and consulting firms’ progress reports and deliverables;
- Support Monitoring and Evaluation and Contract Management specialist to monitor the progress status of consulting firms and provide input to the PIU progress report;
- Provide translation and interpreting support as required;
Other tasks as may be assigned by the Project Coordinator;
Qualifications for the position
- Master’s or higher degree in law, social- labor studies or the allied social sciences or equivalent;
- At least three years of experience in working private firms or communicating with civil society organizations, non-government agencies, private sectors and NGOs
- At least one year of experience in working or communicating with media and communication organizations, or volunteer ;
- At least one year of experience in the implementation of the project/services for the social sector, welfare or labor market;
- Experience in conducting training and capacity building is preferable;
- Experience in co-coordinating legal documents and national policy papers
- Advanced in English in writing and speaking;
- Excellent skills in Mongolian in writing and speaking.
- MS Office proficiency such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc., and excellent web research and navigation skills
- A competent person with a disability will be highly preferable
- High professional and personal integrity
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively with the relevant stakeholders and implementing agencies
- Ability to function independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments
HOW TO APPLY:
Well –qualified candidates particularly PWDs are encouraged to apply.
Interested eligible individuals must provide following documents in both English and Mongolian in secured envelope no later than 15.00 hours on 14 October 2020 to the PIU office of the Ministry of Labour and Social Protection.
- Cover letter /briefly mentioned about reason applying for the position and work experience/
- Curriculum Vitae
- 2 reference letter(s) from previous employers
- Copies of diplomas or certificates
Only short listed candidates will be notified and called for interview.
Address: PIU Office, Government Building 2a, United Nations Street-5, Chingeltei district, Ulaanbaatar- 15160, Ministry of Labor and Social Protection.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 7733-5577