Уншсан тоо: 331
Project Number. 48076-002
Project Title. Ensuring Inclusiveness and Service Delivery for Persons with Disabilities Project
The Ministry of Labor and Social Protection (MLSP) and Asian Development Bank (ADB) are implementing the project “Ensuring Inclusiveness and Service Delivery for Persons with Disabilities Project” for 2018-2022.
The project aims to ensure the inclusiveness of persons with disabilities, improve service at Ulaanbaatar city and provincial level, increase employment opportunities for persons with disabilities, and assure their independence and economic contribution.
The project composed of the following components to meet the needs of children with disabilities and persons with disabilities. Component 1: Early identification of children with disabilities strengthened and institutionalized. Component 2: Service delivery for persons with disabilities improved. Component 3: Access to the physical environment improved. Component 4: Work and employment for persons with disabilities improved. Component 5: Strategic development to support with disabilities implemented.
The following applicants will be selected for the Project Implementation Unit.
Position: Project Coordinator
Project Implementation Unit aims to provide the proficient management and coordination input for successful implementation of the “Ensuring Inclusiveness and Service Delivery for Persons with Disabilities Project”, ensuring the development of the project plan meets the relevant requirement, the implementation of the project activities monitored on a regular basis, and the inter-sectoral collaboration coordinated effectively through strengthened partnership among stakeholders and non-government organizations.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide effective project management and inter-sectoral coordination of day-to-day activities managed through the project implementation unit and to be responsible for the effective and targeted delivery of the project outcomes.
- To coordinate the implementation of the approved project plan and ensure that the project financing is used and managed in the ultimate interest of the purposes intended under the project agreement.
- To maintain coordination between project implementation unit and government, relevant stakeholders, and coordinate inter-sectoral partnerships.
Scope of Works:
- Provide day-to-day management to the project implementation unit, and oversee of the activities and cooperate within them;
- Be responsible to act as the Steering Committee Secretary and follow up actions as per the decision issued by the Steering Committee of the Project;
- Provide updated information on the project implementation progress to the respective stakeholder Ministry of Labour and Social Protection, Ministry of Health, agencies, and non-government organizations;
- Reporting the implementation of the project plan to the ADB, MLSP, Ministry of Health, and Project Steering Committee;
- Develop and approve the Annual and Quarterly project budget and the Project plan in conformity with the Ministry’s Action Plan;
- Develop and get approval for the Assignments for foreign and domestic consultants and ensure their coordination;
- Monitor the consultants’ performance and support them to accomplish scopes delivered timely and ensure the quality of the deliverables as per the Terms of reference approved;
- Develop a Project procurement plan and coordinate procurement activities according to the ADB procedure and Mongolian Government regulation and guidelines;
- Ensure that stakeholders are provided with relevant information on project activities on a regular basis and reflect their recommendations into the project activities;
Qualifications for the position
- At least a Master’s degree or above in Social Sciences, Risk analytics, and Funds Administration or Social Policy earned internationally;
- Minimum 15 years of experience consisting of working in a Public and Private organization, or in Consulting service delivered for the public and private institutions in the field of the Social Protection service, and other donor financed projects;
- Excellent knowledge of Project finance, procurement and contract management, and administration;
- Experience of working in the Social Protection sector would be a best advantage.
- Ability to develop documents that meet the strategic policy-making of the government
- Superior ability in managing the inter-sectoral coordination and collaboration with multiple organizations and target groups.
- Capable to develop large-scale project documents and skills to understand the financial statements and complex problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skill with various stakeholders and audiences
- Being fluent in English and Mongolian
- Ability to work well with different people /cultures with special needs
- Respect for and placing value on different perspectives of others
- Ability to provide and respond to constructive criticism, no complaint
- Ability to work well under pressure and willingness to work hard, and honest
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested eligible individuals must provide following documents in both English and Mongolian in secured envelope no later than 3 pm on 12th August, 2019 to the Room number 105 of the Ministry of Labour and Social Protection.
- Cover letter /briefly mentioned about reason applying for the position and work experience/
- Curriculum Vitae
- 2 reference letter(s) from previous employers
- Copies of diplomas or certificates
Only short listed candidates will be notified and called for interview.
Address: Room number 105, Government Building 2a, United Nations Street-5, Chingeltei district, Ulaanbaatar- 15160, Ministry of Labor and Social Protection.